DREAMING

To live and to dream are two completely different things. Living is what each and every individual is designed to do. We are all born into this world with a task to live and sometimes to only live. But some people are born special. When it comes to dreaming, it is something beyond anyone can understand. A dream is something that is unique and different for everyone. Some have big dreams to maybe become the next president of the United States, others have smaller dreams, to one day find love. I dream that one day I will find myself in a different life that I am not normally used to.

To one day imagine myself on an airplane with my new husband by my side. We are holding hands as the airplane begins to take off to Rome. As we spend the next nine hours on a plane together, where we continue to learn new things about each other. I explain to him that one day I want two healthy children and to live in a house near my parents. He tells me he wants to travel the world someday as a family and visit new places every year. He says that he wants to show our future kids that there is much more in the world and that they should dream to see it all someday. He looks at me and smiles and says that the start to the rest of our lives starts here and now, in a place that I always dreamed to go.

To one day imagine myself walking down the aisle with a bouquet of flowers in my hand, but for the second time. My mother is by my side and now I get the chance to walk her down the aisle this time. As we make our way up, her trail follows behind us. I kiss her on the cheek and let go of her hand and sit down next to my father with a big smile. My mother’s life is now in the hands of my new stepfather. A new world that she nor I ever knew would come.

To one day imagine myself sitting on my daughter’s bed as she weeps in my arms about something that happened in school, a bully decided that my daughter would be her next target. I pick her head up and look her straight in the eyes and tell her that she is a powerful young girl. And how the bully is just jealous of how amazing she is. And how I understand that these days are rough, but she cannot have good days without having some bad ones as well. Just as my mother taught me the same lesson when I was younger. I give her a big hug and kiss and wish her a good night. I close her door and make my way to my bedroom for the night.

These are just dreams that I hope for in my future. To one day have a family of my own and to travel to places to discover new cultures and food. But for now, I am still in the reality of my current adolescent life. I am unsure of what happens next, and with every day each, I do shift my life into many different ways. All I have right now might not be much, but my dreams are my own and they are what gives me the strength to continue on living.